2011-11-06

Felting is awsome

I've recently made an Amanda Hat, which is lovely, but in the first week I mutilated it already by inadvertently yanking it through the zipper of my bag. Bad. Very bad. So, I figured, I would need another bag, without a dangerous zipper. And being slightly obsessed, I immediately envisioned a project made for knitting.

So I went to the local yarn store and bought several skeins of felting yarn and some brochures and immediately started knitting.

Turns out, felting is extreme fun. It is a quick and easy knit. And I think it would be ideal for beginners, too. You make a mistake? Who cares? No one's gonna notice after the felting.

The only cause for concern was, that I didn't know how much the bag would shrink when felted. Of course, I didn't make a gauge. And so I couldn't test-felt it either. I'm much too lazy for that.

But it turned out just fine. This will definitely not be my last felting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment